Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I Love Pinterest Art Above Headboard Progress Ikat Dress

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
I LOVE pinterest! There is endless inspiration!

A while ago I found this image on pinterest and thought what a great idea and so simple!

Ive had so many ideas for the art above the headboard that it has been hard deciding ... so I might try them all to see what looks best - check out this post to see my first take

and the beginning of my second take -


The pattern is a loose interpretation of the back material of the pillow sham or bed skirt - I plan to paint them yellow like the console table

Check back soon for updates! 

--

On another note - I was recently in a store and saw a dress and thought - hey I think even I could make something like that! off to pinterest I went and found a super easy tutorial

Following the tutorial - I used a tank top from Target and cotton ikat fabric, some coordinating thread and elastic thread for the waist

Here is what I came up with ...

David took these photos this weekend while we were down at the beach - please excuse my awkward modeling ... I chose the best ones I could find







My Mom is an amazing seamstress and made a lot of my clothes when I was young - while this isnt nearly as detailed as what she made me - I still think she would be proud!




TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment