Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Whirligig And Contest winners!

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Thought Id give a shot at building a whirligig for the yard. What fun to make! I discovered that there are tons and tons of incredible, beautifully intricate whirligigs people make. There are even a few books on Amazon devoted to making them!

Mine is certainly an entry-level whirligig. Its pretty easy to make. The trickiest part was figuring out what kinetic action I wanted it to do. I decided on a lumberjack; sort of a classic whirligig. Instead of the typical clothing, I decided to paint him as a character I envision from a Steinbeck novel. If you would like to try this one, heres a PDF  template you can use to cut out the pieces.





*****
Mere Mortals video contest winners!
There were so many good entries. Thank you all for entering!




TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment