Monday, February 10, 2014

Hannas thresholds Part II

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Knowing that the prototype was close and making some side notes, I proceeded to glue together 2 peices of red oak. I clamped and let set up for a day...


Next came the cutting phase. Here I have cut out the top overlap section:


After triming the peices to their respective lengths and heights, I went back to my jig at the band saw. Now I can cut the face angle...


Here are the oak sills next to the maple prototype. I also made two other sill trims with roundover edges.


I took Hannas floor sample into my local Woodcraft store, and found a GREAT color match! Here are the thresholds after two coats of stain. They look awesome! The need to completely dry before I coat them with poly...




TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment