Monday, February 24, 2014

WEATHERED WHITE WASH LINK silvered console

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
 
 
 
This chandelier was a donation from someone hoping I could do some magic with it.
It is in quite bad repair, bent metal, frayed wires, and rusty bits yet has a certain appeal.
Shortly after it came home and I sprayed it down with the garden hose I knew I wanted to
use it in styling a photo.
 
 
 
This whole console was painted in layers. My focus through winter has been to play
with my paint finishes more and Im having fun doing it, sort of. Finding the right balance
of color to enhance shape and technics to achieve age arent always easy.
 Besides I just dont have the space to do
all the demo and rebuilt I like to in my little back room.

 
I sprayed the entire table in FRENCH LINEN. Its a strong grey with just a hint of green.
 
 
I then brush painted the base and column legs in OLD WHITE
before distressed it back to the FRENCH LINEN and the darker wood underneath.

 
The top was the fun part and it is actually darker in person than these photos!
I worked with streaking white and grey and dark wax
over and over until I got a natural sun weathered warn board look.
I do have a popular tutorial on achieving a similar weathered white wash finish here.
Its an older post using primer but there are some valuable tips that can be applied to
similar applications.

 
 
 
Here is the before and after photos ...
 


TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment