Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Kid Table is complete

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
I was able to finish up the Kid Table on Sunday.  I smoothed out the table top and applied a good coat of paste wax and buffed out the bottom assembly.  I then attached the two pieces together using pocket hole screws.  I live in Southern California so I dont think that I have to worry too much about the wood expanding and contracting.  2 out of 8 of the screws slightly poked through the tabletop.  I am thinking that I sanded them too much in those areas and made the wood too thin.  I backed the screws off and tapped the holes down and put some extra wax in those areas.  It was very disappointing to have that happen but you live and you learn.

I buffed it out using 000 steel wool and some paste wax.


I used 2 scrap pieces along each side to center the legs.


My son and I clamped the top to the legs so it would drift when we screwed them together.


We pre-drilled holes in the legs and then nailed in the feet.


Here it is completely assembled.


Here it is in its new home.  Its a little tall for the 2 year old but he will grow into it.



TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment