Monday, February 10, 2014

Master Bedroom Trellis Stencil Wall Complete

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download

Yesterday I completed the stenciled tv wall!

Last week David cut a craigslist find in half and I painted it.

Once I put it below the tv, the corner was still looking incomplete ...


Kristen at Kristen F. Davis Designs always has amazing projects going on, I especially love her amazing stencil designs, and I have been dying to try something similar ever since!
 
I originally wanted to build and stencil a floor to ceiling panel behind the tv to hide the wires, but since we decided to run the wires through the wall, it was no longer needed

I loved the idea of a stenciled pattern behind the tv, so decided to paint directly on the wall instead

When deciding if I wanted the wall to be yellow or gray I used Photoshop to create a quick sketch ...


 The yellow was too intense with the pattern - the gray was just right!

The gray also balances well with the draperies on the other side of the room


We modified a trellis pattern - printed it and David cut it out for me ...


and I painted ...

I used left over SW Pro Classic paint in Big Chill 





The walls throughout the house have a knockdown texture - not a big fan, but it could be worse!



I only had to buy the stencil film for this project which was about $3 - a big impact for a small price!

I am getting close to finishing the bedroom - check back soon to see progress on the headboard we are building!


TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment